We at TA Performance pride ourselves in providing the best parts for Buick engines, one key item from our product line is our proprietary designed Roller Rockers. TA Roller Rockers feature the best materials, strongest hardware, an internal girdle feature and superior fit which make these roller rockers the best on the market!
All of our rockers incorporate these key features:
- 2024-T4 extruded aluminum alloy with a tensile strength equivalent to 75,000 lbs, far stronger than 6061-T6 material used on other rockers that equal only 48,000 lbs.tensile strength.
- 8620 steel adjuster screws that have been specially 7/16” treated and hardened as opposed to breakage prone 3/8” adjusters found on other rockers.
- Bushings in the rocker reduce friction, have increased durability & strength over needle bearings.
- 8620 solid steel shafts incorporate a special heat treatment and copper plating method that also incorporates exact tolerance bolt holes which results in the strongest shaft on the market.
- During the manufacturing process the rocker extrusion is first machined to .010” over the shaft diameter, then the rocker is counterbored from each side to accept the rocker bearings. This design increases the strength of the arm and allows for additional clearancing of the rocker underside to clear larger O.D. springs. Our big block rockers except larger springs than any other Buick rocker of this type on the market, including T&D's.
- TA Performance rockers are red anodized with black marble spacers, and each rocker is marked with the TA logo on the top.
- All rocker sets are fully assembled and ready to bolt on.
NOTE: The pedestals on these rockers are "taller" than factory pedestals to correct the rocker arm/valve train geometry. Using these rockers will require a longer pushrod, or the bottom of the rocker towers will need to be machined to return them to the factory height. These can be oiled up through the heads or the pushrods; the shafts are gun drilled. Must use a 5/16" ball end pushrod towards the rocker.
If using 1.500” or larger diameter springs the rockers will need additional clearancing. This is a very CRITICAL process! DO NOT grind the rockers to clear, they must be machined as minimal as possible. We encourage your machinist to contact us for details on performing this modification, or we can perform the clearancing for you. If done incorrectly, you WILL break a rocker!